Jennifer Fink on Alzheimer’s and COVID-19
May 17th, 2020 by Contra Costa Today
On this episode, I chat with Jennifer Fink of Fading Memories, an Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support show, where we talk about dealing with Alzheimer’s during COVID-19 and how to navigate these times. She reminds people its important to build a team you can rely on, find a way to get a break and importance of keeping as much routine as possible for your loved ones. She also recommends a crisis plan be created while also finding support online.
- 00:23 – Introduction
- 02:14 – Fink highlights in her support group some of the struggles they are seeing with their loved ones.
- 04:14 – we get into how important taking a break and getting a break is right now.
- 06:20 – What are some of the best solutions with needing a break and caring for people. No longer have built in breaks with caregivers available. Importance of decompressing
- 08:37 – Fink provides tips on how to build a team to help.
- 11:45 – What is going on with Assisting Living Communities.
- 15:56 – How challenging is quarantine for seniors because of the impact on routine?
- 20:43 – We dig a little deeper into importance of routine.
- 29:31 – Importance of online communities
- 34:20 – Importance of a crisis plan
- 42:45 – Is there a lot of second guessing going on?
- 45:56 – Fink plugs her show and how people can find it.