On this episode, I chat with Oakley City Councilwoman Claire Alaura who is running for reelection. We talk about a variety of topics which includes economic development, police department, East Contra Costa fire
- 00:30 – Introduction of Claire Alaura
- 02:08 – We talk about the baby steps over the past 4 years by the City of Oakley, Claire shares what she is most proud of.
- 07:55 – We talk about the downtown and finally there is interest for businesses to come to Oakley.
- 11:15 – We chat about “safety” and the new Oakley Police Chief and the Oakley Police Department.
- 15:00 – Claire talks about the need to support the East Contra Costa Fire Protection District.
- 18:00 – Continuing the talk on safety, she also shares how the city is analyzing ADA compliance and looking to be more ADA compliant within the law and services being improved. She also talks about being neighborly and looking out for one another.
- 19:29 – We jump into economic development with both Amazon and Skipolini’s came to Oakley and brief update on the train station.
- 26:25 – Claire talks about amenities and what she wants to bring, such as a library, expand the recreation center, we also get into the 55-acre park.
- 35:55 – We talk about Code Enforcement and how Oakley residents have responded negatively to actions by code enforcement at times.
- 38:50 – Claire discusses some of her ideas to help bring more business to the City of Oakley
- 42:30 – We jump into homeless, how do we work regionally to reduce the amount of homeless in East Contra Costa County.
- 45:41 – What Claire is looking most forward to if reelected.
- 47:48 – Claire shares why voters should consider voting for her for a second term.