A Chat on Social Media Strategies
Jul 17th, 2020 by Contra Costa Today
On this episode, we chat about social media strategy with Samantha Semans of Ten10Social, Hillary Dittmore of Socially Hilary and Michael Pohl of Bay Area Aquatics. This podcast was an open discussion aimed at helping local business improve their social media.
- 00:40 – Introductions of Hillary Dittmore, Michael Pohl and Samantha Semans.
- 03:19 – Why social media? Why do business need social media and not just have a website anymore?
- 05:55 – Posting a photo and say “buy something”, what is the best way to make a post? Do not try and sell 24/7… build trust and let people get to know you. Its about building a community.
- 10:00 – Navigating different audiences for different platforms. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc. Working on creating appropriate graphics and postings.
- 12:52 – How do people get started with social media and working with a professional social media manager.
- 16:40 – What is a social media audit?
- 18:45 – Biggest change and challenge working with restaurants during the shutdown. As well as impact on brick and mortar.
- 22:00 – Staying in the forefront while being closed during COVID-19, what are some strategies?
- 23:45 – How to stay motivated during COVID-19. How to keep it positive while providing value?
- 27:35 – Advice for page managers dealing with negativity. When to delete posts, comments or just ban people. Community vs. business relationship.
- 34:14 – I ask for advice in dealing with comments on EastCountyToday.
- 39:10 – Social media is false security, we know who you are when you are commenting negativity. If you are a business owner and being ugly in groups/pages, it could hurt your business.
- 42:25 – What is the value of “likes” and “shares”? Instead, focus on engagement rate.
- 46:22 – When we are out of COVID-19, when does everyone flip the switch to selling the “experience” again. We then talk about the Pac-man style masks that open as you eat.
- 50:25 – Thoughts on influencers.
- 01:01:00 – why do women grow audiences so much faster then men?
- 01:02:40 – Final Thoughts